Australian Direct Life Insurance - Executive Report
Strategic Insight has reviewed the Australian Direct Life Insurance market, covering 116 products issued by 18 companies offering 209 Life, Trauma, TPD, Accidental Death, Income Protection and Funeral insurance products marketed through 39 sellers plus 78 identified affinity partners.
The Executive Report includes key information to quickly understand the sales and in-force market position for major players and emerging competitors, including affinity partners. The Full Report available separately, includes detailed product analysis and market data.
For the purposes of this report, Direct Insurance has been defined as having the following characteristics:
- Cover is purchased directly from the issuer without engaging a financial adviser
- Information on products can be obtained online and/or over the telephone
- The application process is available online and/or via telephone and/or via written application
- The degree of underwriting varies with each product and is usually undertaken online and/or over the telephone and/or after receipt of written application
Data and Reporting:
- Premium Sales (Year End) for Lump Sum and Income Protection by channel
- Individual Risk Direct Business Inflows by product type (Term Life, TPD, Trauma, Funeral Cover, Accidental Death, Income Protection)
- In Force Premium – Direct Individual Risk Lump Sum and Income Protection by provider
- Individual Risk Direct Business 12 Month Sales by product type (Term Life, TPD, Trauma, Funeral Cover, Accidental Death, Income Protection)
- Inflows and Year End Sales split by Providers and Affinity Brands with 3 years history.
- Market Trends
- Product Development and Distribution,
- Sales by Marketing Channel
- Complaints Experience
- Affinity Programs
Format: 26 pages PDF.